Happy Holidays from LMC!
Hello to all LMC members!
As president for a second term I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thank you all for your support and thank you for a very successful 2017!
We had another great year in terms of membership and our charity fundraising. We ended the year with a current roster of 94 members, with 20 new members for 2017 making us one of the largest car club in the Lowcountry! Even more impressive is we continue to out perform in our fundraising events! All told, this year our three car shows we raised nearly $12,500 for local community charities. This brings our 5-year total estimated to be over $35,500. Wow!
New Members for 2017!
Closing out 2017 we had 94 current members on the roster. Please seek out and give a warm welcome to the new members of the LMC family for 2017:
- Gavin & Amanda Barney from Goose Creek, SC and their Competition Orange 2015 Ford Mustang
- Steve & Dana Bostick from Ravenel, SC and their Black 1971 Chevrolet Nova
- James Brown from North Charleston, SC and his Gold 1967 Pontiac GTO
- Steven & Kelli Bushey from Summerville, SC and their Dusk Blue 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
- Scott & Dominique Cooper from Moncks Corner, SC and their Nightfall Gray Metallic 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS
- Terry & Milissa Cunningham from Summerville, SC and their Black 1976 Jeep CJ5
- Dan Gregory from North Charleston, SC and his Roman Red 1961 Chevrolet Impala
- Larry & Sylvia Hawkins from Ladson, SC and their Yellow 1965 Ford Mustang
- Milt Hearne from Mt. Pleasant, SC and his Maroon 1966 Ford Mustang Convertible
- Justin & Carol Hustead from Charleston, SC and their Red 1933 Plymouth 4 DR
- Aaron & Kimberly Ingalls from Summerville, SC and their White & Black Satin 1968 Chevrolet C10 Pickup
- Don & Karen Marlowe from Eutawville, SC and their Aztec Bronze 1966 Chevrolet Corvair
- Mac McClelland from Summerville, SC and his Black 2014 Chevrolet Corvette
- Jeffrey & Tammy Reigle from Moncks Corner, SC and their Red 1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero
- David Scott from Summerville, SC and his Red 1966 Chevrolet Nova
- Joe Sims from Pinopolis, SC and his Gold 1996 Ford Excalibur Cobra
- Bert & Barbara Stallard from Summerville, SC and their Red 1938 Plymouth Business Coupe
- Corky Ullom from Charleston, SC and his Marina Blue 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
- Washington Vaugh from Goose Creek, SC and his Tan 1978 Buick Regal
- Kenneth & Phyllis Ward from Goose Creek, SC and their Blue 1972 Chevrolet Malibu
- Barry & Tiffany Wright from Summerville, SC and their White/Grey 1982 Chevrolet Corvette
Gator Show: Our 2nd Annual Gator Show in April raised nearly $1,800 in donations which went to the Goose Creek Booster's Club. LMC members Bryan DuBois and Derrol Turner are very involved with the booster club and got us starting on this show last year.
Miracle Cruise-in: Benefiting the Children's Hospital at MUSC, in May we held our 5th Annual Miracle Cruise-in show at Sam's Club in North Charleston (see photos). Around 150 cars and trucks took part in the event and we raised an awesome $4,820 for the Children's Miracle Network at MUSC. Our donations combined with Sam's Club fundraising totaled nearly $6,500 for the charity! Muscle cars were in ample supply including Chevy Camaros, Pontiac GTOs and Dodge Chargers and Challengers. Numerous Corvettes and Mustangs were in the mix, and street rods included a 1932 Ford and a '37 Plymouth. Thanks and appreciations go out to all LMC members who helped make the show a success. We would also like to thank Velma and the rest of the crew at Sam's for all their hard work in making this such a successful event.
Dream Machines: Benefiting the Summerville Miracle League, on the first Saturday in October, we held our much anticipated 5th Annual Dream Machines show on Saturday, October 7, 2017 at Nexton in Summerville (see photos)!
A downpour almost curtailed the car show that October 7 morning, but the precipitation shut off and dozens of antiques, muscle cars, roadsters, trucks and sports coupes started rolling in. It turned out to be a beautiful and unseasonably hot and humid October day. We counted over 157 cars and trucks at the show and we raised $6,200 for the charity. Everyone at LMC worked extra hard on this one to make it a success!
LMC Member Recognized
Car shows are expensive and under normal circumstances breaking even would be good enough. But, when we are also doing it as a fundraiser for charity, that doesn't cut it. That is why sponsors are very important.
Organizing a car show is a lot of hard work and getting sponsors is one of the harder things to do. No one knows that better than LMC own Bill Shepherd. It is people like Bill that makes our shows so successful. Bill has been with LMC for two years and is very involved in club activities. In his short time with LMC, Bill has raised over $1,400 in sponsorships for our events.
At our Officer's Meeting in November, Bill was recognized and presented with this beautiful handmade plaque for his exemplary service to LMC and especially for his efforts this year making out October Dream Machines show at Nexton a success.
This beautiful plaque was made by MBI Woodworking in Hanahan or their CAD machine. MBI Woodworking is a small wood working shop operating out of a garage! We were first introduced to MCI Woodworking through LMC Member Bryan DuBois. MBI made the specialty trophies for our Gator Show this year. Check it out on their Facebook Page!
2017 Annual Banquet
We held our annual holiday banquet party for 2017 at the Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Charleston. We had a great turnout and everyone enjoy the day. As always we had plenty of food leftover after the event.
We also had a representative from the Summerville Miracle League stop by to accept the check from the Nexton, 5th annual Dream Machine car show. We were proud to once again be able donate $6,200 to help enhance the lives of people with special needs in our community.
Officers-Elect for 2018
In all the fun and games at the banquet we did have to leave a little room for club business. Meet the officers-elect for 2018:
- President. - Jay Palen
- Vice President - Carl Hunter
- Secretary. - Larry Gagain
- Treasurer. - Steve Tague
- Webmaster. - Dennis Warren
- Event Coordinator. - Sandy Tague
- Photographer. - Bill Hamilton
To the outgoing officers - Thank you Sue Zoltanski (VP), Bo and Rhonda Harrell (Events Coordinators) for all your help in 2017. Your dedicated service to LMC and the community as well as your engaging camaraderie with those of us who share the passion for the American Muscle Car is much appreciated!
Moving into the new year...
Our meetings the first few months will be at the Ice House` in Summerville. Several members said last year said they would like to have dinner at a different location. I want to hear from all of you, what do you think would make our club better and more fun! Let's make 2018 the best year for LMC that we can.
Lowcountry Muscle Car
"Sharing the Love of the American Muscle Car"